Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Just Adore Connecticut. That Feeling It Gives.

Real life doesn’t often feel like reel life. Yet when events, people, or places somehow do run closely parallel with cinematic twins, it’s hard not to notice. I am currently in Hartford Connecticut. This is my third trip out here to spend some time with Nick. Each time I arrive I remain disappointed that Hartford and its Train Station never once force me into thinking about Cathy Whitaker (i.e. Julianne Moore in Far From Heaven). Hartford and its train station, you see, look nothing like the location and images we see in that splendid Todd Haynes masterpiece. I now occassionally do think of the films as "Far From Hartford".

Nevertheless, when I return to the train station to make the trip back to New York I’m thinking I should wear a purple scarf. It’s my last trip to Hartford (the home of the fictional Whitakers) since Nick is moving to Chicago. At the very least I’ll ask Nick to put some gloves on and wave me goodbye. As the train pulls away I’ll imagine the camera swooping back and up. My iPod will fill my ears with Elmer Bernstein’s brilliant score in tandem with the trains departure.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar