Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Topshop Lipstick: Rio Rio

Oh, how i have been lusting after this little beauty.
You may remember from one of my Christmassy posts when i mentioned that i had fallen in love with a new lipstick, and this is the one...
 I've really been getting into my reds at the moment and i really wanted this one just because i've not seen another lipstick quite so... red? 
Yes. One would say that sounds a little daft.
But it really is such a bright shade of red!
 I recently tried (and lalalaaloveed) Topshop's lipstick in "Beguilded"  (you can have a read of my review here) and i was really impressed with the packaging, application and staying power that i decided to scribble this one down on my Christmas list.

The pigmentation of these lipsticks really is impressive. At £8 each you do expect a good quality bit of lippie and Topshop have definitely got it on the mark with theirs!  Usually i have the perception that shop-branded make up is often of crap quality, but it really isn't the case with these. I find they apply just as well as some of my beloved Mac favourites (and they also look rather swish in your make up bag due to the cute stripey monochrome packaging...)

The colour is just the most beautiful red with almost orangey-undertones. It's very bright and bold and it stands out on your lips, making a really good statement-lip colour to opt for.
If, like me, you're only concern with reds is the fact your lips aren't exactly 'Angelina-Jolie-esque', then fear not, because i've found a bit of lip-liner works miracles.. I personally use Barry M's Lip Liner in 'Red'.. (oo don't we just love creative names..NAHHT). I've worn it a few times now but you do have to play down your eye-makeup to avoid looking like you've just stepped out of a cartoon or something :)
Here's what it looks like on:
oo embarassing-pouty-face.com..
This photo was included as my 'Face of the day' in my post yesterday, so apologies for the overload of photos of my face :)

Can't wait to wear this on holiday as i think with a bit of a tan it's going to look even...REDDER! Eeee :) If you're looking for a bright red statement lip then i really would suggest you hop down to your nearest Toppy-shoppy and swatch away until your hearts content! 




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar