Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bio-Oil First Impressions


To be honest, I have not used beauty oils all that much, with the exception of the Smashbox Primer Oil for my face. I know I have naturally dry skin all over my face and body, and I've struggled with more dryness since using our shower from our new apartment. The Soap & Glory Righteous Butter has been my savior for my skin.


I participated in the #bbloggers Twitter chat last month, and they partnered with Bio-Oil UK for the chat. The conversation revolved around Bio-Oil, and the majority of my answers were, "well, I have never tried Bio-Oil, but if I did, I would _____" and there was a giveaway at the end to win a bottle of it. I was one of the ones who won the giveaway (yay! My first one where I actually won for once).

I was so excited when I received my Bio-Oil in the mail! Bio-Oil a moisturizing oil that claims to hydrate skin, diminish stretch marks, even out skin tone, and help slow down the aging process.

Here are the listed ingredients:

Paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), triisononanoin, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, isopropyl myristate, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, anthemis nobilis flower oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, calendula officinalis flower extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, BHT, bisabolol, parfum (fragrance) 

Mineral oil, the first ingredient, is used to moisturize and soften super-dry skin (I especially love to use this on my elbows and knees, the driest parts of my body). The lavender oil is a calming agent, which is perfect because I shower at night and helps me sleep better. Sunflower oil is known to reduce arthritis, which goes hand in hand with lupus. I've been having a lot of joint pain recently, and I find that massaging my wrists and arms with the Bio-Oil alleviates my pain. I have also been using this as a cuticle oil for my nails, and it's just as effective in giving me salon-worthy hands and nails. 

If you are pregnant, it's best to use it starting with the beginning of the 2nd trimester. Like I said, it helps with stretch marks. I used to have stretch marks from puberty and on-and-off weight gain and weight loss, but they have faded overtime. 

I love the smell: sweet, nutty, but very subtle. Cecilio notices how soft my skin has been lately with this.

I will warn you though that some people have had a bad reaction to Bio-Oil and have gotten rashes, so be careful. Do a test patch first and see how your skin reacts.

Overall, I really am enjoying my Bio-Oil, and it's such a treat to use after the shower for extra softness and hydration!

Have you tried Bio-Oil or any body oils?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar